Banana Berry Bliss Protein Smoothie
Satisfy your sweet tooth and give your body a boost with this delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie! This smoothie is not only scrumptious, it’s also loaded with many health benefits, including powerful antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals.
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, which supports immune system function, aids in collagen production, and promotes healthy skin. Bananas are a wonderful source of potassium, a mineral that supports heart health, blood pressure regulation, and well as proper muscle and nerve function.
Enjoy the deliciousness of this smoothie while also reaping the benefits of incorporating these health-supporting compounds into your daily routine!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Yield: 1 Serving Size: 16 oz.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¾ cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Cashew butter (can also substitute for other nut butter)
- 1 tbsp. Ground flaxseed
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- Add milk, yogurt, nut butter, flaxseed, frozen strawberries, and banana to a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth. Enjoy!
Tips and tricks:
- Add in a handful or two of spinach for more fiber and other nutrients such as potassium and vitamins A, C and K.
- If your bag of spinach is going bad, put it in the freezer and add it to your smoothies.
- Make smoothie prep bags ahead of time by placing your fruit and veggies in the bag and then into the freezer. Pull out the bag when ready to make a smoothie, add your liquid ingredients and blend!
If using this recipe in your personalized ATNG meal plan, 1 serving counts as 2 fruits, 1 dairy, 1 protein, and 1 fat.
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130