Sheet Pan Salmon and Vegetables: A Simple and Versatile Meal
Sheet pan meals are a true gift for busy weeknights. They offer the perfect balance between convenience and flavor, and this Sheet Pan Salmon and Vegetables recipe is a prime example. In just under an hour, you can create a wholesome dinner that’s not only delicious but also highly adaptable for multiple meals throughout the week. This recipe showcases the beauty of sheet pan cooking, allowing you to enjoy a satisfying dinner and ensure leftovers for quick lunches or creatively repurpose them into other dishes.
Nutritional Powerhouses Working Together
These components aren’t just flavorful; they’re nutritional powerhouses. Let’s take a look at the benefits you will be getting from this meal:
- Salmon: Boasting omega-3 fatty acids that promote brain and heart health. Its swift and simple preparation makes it a weeknight winner.
- Sweet Potatoes: Packing a punch of vitamins and contributing a natural sweetness to your meal. Roasting intensifies their flavor, resulting in irresistible caramelized bites that complement the others on the plate.
- Broccoli: Another vitamin- and mineral-rich food. Roasting tempers its mild bitterness while maintaining a satisfying crunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30-35 minutes Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1 salmon filet & ~2 cups of vegetable mixture (1 cup + roasted broccoli, ½ cup roasted sweet potato)
- 4 6-oz salmon filets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1 pinch for salmon, 1 pinch for vegetables)
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 6 oz each)
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 2 sheet pans – one for salmon and vegetables, the second for extra vegetables.
Prep and Preheat:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) with a rack placed in the middle.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with tin foil.
Prep Sweet Potatoes:
- Wash the sweet potatoes and then cut them into 1-inch cubes or french fry form.
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes with ½ Tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Spread the seasoned sweet potato onto one of the lined baking sheets.
Roast Sweet Potatoes:
- Place the sweet potato-filled baking sheet in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Prep Salmon and Broccoli:
- While the sweet potatoes roast, prepare the salmon by drizzling up to 1 Tbsp of olive oil over the filets and seasoning them with a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss the broccoli florets with the remaining ½ Tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a sprinkle of black pepper in the same bowl used for the sweet potatoes.
Add Salmon and Broccoli:
- Gently flip the roasted sweet potatoes on the baking sheet to ensure even cooking, and to create space for the salmon filets and broccoli.
- Lay the salmon filets on one side and arrange the seasoned broccoli on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.
- The salmon should easily flake when tested with a fork, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the salmon should read 125ºF, which takes about 8 to 10 minutes.
- The vegetables should be tender and slightly browned.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Plate the roasted sweet potatoes, salmon, and broccoli for a delicious and balanced meal.
Tips and tricks:
- Seasoning Ideas: After cooking, you can add more flavors. Try a little lemon juice, fresh herbs, or your favorite spices.
- Extra Pan of Veggies: If you make extra veggies, you can use them in various meals throughout the week.
If using this recipe in your personalized ATNG meal plan, 4 protein servings, 2 starch servings, and 2 fat servings.
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130