Green Goddess Salad Jars
Step into a world where meal prep becomes an effortless dance of health, convenience, and delightful flavors. Today, we’re diving into the practical side of Green Goddess Salad Jars – a culinary ally in your weekly routine that’s as easy to assemble as it is to savor.
In the rush of our fast-paced lives, Green Goddess Salad Jars are a symphony of convenience, with colors, textures, and wholesome ingredients neatly packed into mason jars. Imagine a week where your lunches are not just fuel but a series of personalized experiences, effortlessly crafted and ready to enjoy.
Each jar is a strategic blend of low-sodium chickpeas, protein-packed quinoa, crisp cucumbers, edamame, and raw spinach. The dressing, a fusion of zesty lime, fresh cilantro or parsley, and creamy Greek yogurt, ties it all together.
The real brilliance of these salad jars unfolds in their role as meal prep heroes. Imagine the ease of cooking make-ahead ingredients and the simplicity of layering your jars – a process that frees up time ensures healthful choices, and turns your week into a seamless journey of nourishment.
Discover the practical secrets of Green Goddess Salad Jars – where every jar tells a tale of balanced nutrition, smart meal prep, and the joy of relishing wholesome flavors.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Yield: 4 servings
- 1 15 oz can low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup reduced fat feta cheese crumbles
- 2 cucumbers, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup edamame, unshelled
- 8 cups spinach, raw (~2 cups per jar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp packed cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch each salt & pepper
- Cook make-ahead ingredients: Make quinoa in a rice cooker – combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water and cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Mix together dressing ingredients- Each salad jar should require only 1-2 tbsp of dressing.
- Add dressing of choice to the bottom of a 16-oz mason jar. Layer in ingredients of choice in order of what is listed.
- Jars will keep in fridge up to 4 or 5 days. For easy meal prep, cook chicken and quinoa ahead of time up to 24 hours in advance so all you have to do is assemble.
- Serve by shaking mason jar so dressing gets distributed, then dump in a large bowl to eat. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- Start with the dressing at the bottom to prevent the greens from getting soggy. Follow with sturdier ingredients like grains, proteins, and veggies, and finish with delicate items like greens and herbs at the top.
- Mason jars are ideal for salad jars. They are airtight, leak-proof, and keep ingredients fresh. Choose jars with a wide mouth for easier assembly and serving.
- Opt for hardy greens like kale or spinach, which hold up well to dressing and won’t wilt quickly.
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130