Lemon and dill combine to make a refreshing sauce for steamed vegetables, roast chicken or baked fish.
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the stock to the boil over moderately high heat. Lower the heat, stir in the corn starch mixture and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and lemon juice. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot stock, then pour the mixture back into the saucepan, whisking constantly. Simmer, whisking, for 1 minute (do not allow the sauce to boil or curdle). Stir in the dill. Makes 1 1/2 cups of sauce.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 MINUTES.
COOKING TIME: 7 MINUTES.
Per 1/4 cup: Calories 25; Total fat 1g;
Protein 0,7g; Carbohydrate 2,1g; Sodium 80mg;
Source: Modified from Readers Digest Live Longer Cookbook 500 Recipes for Healthy Living
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130