Cajun Sweet Potato Fries
This sweet potato fry recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Not only are they a tasty alternative to traditional french fries, they’re also packed with fiber and vitamin A, making them a great choice for those looking to boost their nutritional intake. With their vibrant orange color and crispy exterior, these fries are not only visually appealing, but they’re also a great source of dietary fiber, which can help promote digestive health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Plus, sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A, which plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy vision, skin, and immune function. So, why not try this recipe for a satisfying and nutritious snack that your taste buds and body will love?!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Yield 6 servings (1 serving=1 cup)
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into thin, even match sticks (leaving the skin on).
- Transfer to a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and add spices. Mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Arrange fries on baking sheets in a single layer to ensure crispness.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip/stir and bake for an additional 15 minutes until desired doneness.
- Air fryer instructions: Place cut up seasoned sweet potatoes into air fryer basket (making sure to spread out evenly). Bake on 380 degrees F for 12 minutes, flipping half way through. Timing may depend on type of air fryer you have.
If using this recipe in your personalized ATNG meal plan, 1.5 serving counts as 1 fruit/starch
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130