Mediterranean Egg Bites
Start your day right (without waking up earlier)! Check out this nutrient-rich, tasty breakfast recipe that combines the convenience of meal prep with the goodness of vegetables and a satisfying protein boost. These flavorful Mediterranean Egg Bites can be part of a breakfast that helps you stay energized and focused throughout the morning, while supporting your overall well-being.
Benefits of having a morning meal with protein and vegetables:
- Time-saving Meal Prep: Prepare this breakfast in advance to save precious time in the morning rush, ensuring you never skip a wholesome meal.
- Sustained Energy: The combination of protein and vegetables releases energy gradually, stabilizing blood sugar levels, improving mood and concentration, and preventing energy slumps.
- Appetite Control: Fiber combined with protein helps curb cravings and promotes feelings of fullness, reducing the temptation for impromptu snacking.
- Nutrient Balance: Incorporating vegetables and protein into your morning meal contributes to overall well-being, ensuring you get a good mix of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Versatility & Variety: Experiment with different vegetable combinations to enjoy a range of flavors, textures, and nutritional benefits in your breakfast.
- Digestive Health: Vegetables play a crucial role in promoting gut health through various mechanisms that benefit the microbiome and support a healthy gut barrier – integral to good digestion and optimal nutrient absorption.
Embrace the power of a well-rounded breakfast that combines protein, vegetables, and the convenience of meal prep to set yourself up for success! Treat yourself to a delicious and hassle-free head start!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Yield: 12 muffins Serving Size: 1 muffin (60 g)
- 1 cup baby spinach, raw, chopped
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites or 1 cup egg whites
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Divide the chopped spinach and tomatoes among the cups (they will be about two-thirds of the way full).
- In a large bowl, briskly whisk together the eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Carefully fill each muffin cup three-quarters of the way to the top with the egg mixture. Sprinkle the feta evenly over the tops of the cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the egg muffins are set.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and then run a butter knife around the edges of each muffin to loosen it. Remove them from the pan and enjoy immediately, or let cool on a wire rack and refrigerate or freeze for later.
Tips and tricks:
- We love this recipe because it’s a quick, balanced breakfast. Try incorporating complex carbohydrates by serving it on a whole grain English muffin or in a whole grain pita!
- You can quickly whisk your eggs and egg whites together in a small blender, with or without your seasonings and cheese.
- A veggie chopper will make quick work of produce and can be used in other ways – like chopping the muffin itself! If you’re chopping things manually, aim for small, uniform pieces. This ensures everything cooks evenly and will make your muffin easier to eat.
If using this recipe in your personalized ATNG meal plan, 1 protein serving.
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130