Mediterranean Grill Delight: Easy Foil Packet Feast
Get ready to transport your taste buds to the sunny shores of the Mediterranean with our incredibly easy and flavor-packed tin foil packet recipe! Whether you’re a grilling aficionado or a novice looking to impress, this recipe will become your go-to for a hassle-free meal bursting with vibrant Mediterranean flavors. By simply combining a variety of fresh ingredients and sealing them in foil, you’ll create a delightful symphony of flavors that will have everyone at your table asking for seconds. The best part? Minimal cleanup! With this fuss-free recipe, you’ll spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the company of your loved ones. So fire up that grill, grab your foil, and let’s embark on a culinary journey to the Mediterranean, all while savoring the simplicity and ease of this delicious tin foil packet recipe.
Prep Time: ~15 minutes Cook Time: 25-30 minutes Yield: 4 packets Serving Size: 1 packet (374 g)
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium red or yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup light Greek vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives, quartered
- ¼ cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or heat up a grill.
- Prepare the vegetables:
- Peel the skin off the onion and chop it into small pieces.
- Scrub the potatoes under running water to remove any dirt. Cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Dice the medium tomato into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced chicken, chopped onion, cubed potatoes, Greek vinaigrette, olives, lemon juice, dried oregano, and garlic salt.
- Cut 4 sheets of aluminum foil, each measuring approximately 12×12 inches.
- Divide the mixture equally among the foil squares.
- Fold the top and sides of each foil square to create a pocket, leaving a small opening at the top for air to circulate.
- Bake the foil packets in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. If using a grill, cook over medium heat for about 25-30 minutes. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once cooked, carefully open each foil packet and add the diced tomatoes.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Greek chicken and potato foil packets!
Tips and tricks:
- This recipe can be adapted for a camping trip with a few modifications! Remember to follow safety precautions, adhere to camping regulations, and practice responsible fire management while cooking over a campfire.
- Prep before your trip by cutting the chicken, onions, and potatoes ahead of time, storing them in sealed containers.
- Use foil packets for easy campfire cooking (and easy cleanup) – portion ingredients, wrap in foil with air vent, and cook on coals for 25-30 mins.
- Opt for shelf-stable items like dried herbs and vinaigrette for seasoning and flavor.
- Get creative by adding veggies or spices.
- Cook chicken to 165°F on campfire. Make sure to follow cooking temps for safety.
- Adaptation and creativity: Recipes serve as guidelines that can be adapted to personal preferences and dietary needs. Experimenting with ingredient substitutions, additions, or modifications can foster creativity and help tailor recipes to your liking.
- Meal planning and portioning: The recipe specifies dividing the mixture into equal portions for the foil packets, ensuring each serving has the right amount. Learning portioning skills can be beneficial for meal planning, maintaining balanced diets, and reducing food waste.
If using this recipe in your personalized ATNG meal plan, 3 proteins, 2 starches, 1 vegetable, and 2 fat servings.
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130