Gluten Free Spiced Gingerbread Loaf
*Recipe adapted from Fit Mitten Kitchen
Welcome to the warm and aromatic world of festive baking! Today, we embark on a culinary journey that will fill your kitchen with the enticing scents of the holiday season. Imagine a loaf so rich in flavor, so perfectly spiced, that every bite transports you to a winter wonderland of taste and comfort. Our Spiced Gingerbread Loaf is not just a recipe; it’s a celebration of the magical combination of ginger, nutmeg, and molasses that defines the spirit of this joyous time of year. Join us as we blend the warmth of traditional spices with the sweet indulgence of molasses, creating a moist and flavorful gingerbread masterpiece that will undoubtedly become a cherished addition to your festive repertoire. Embrace the essence of the holidays in every slice of this delightful, homemade treat and preheat those ovens and infuse your home with the heartwarming essence of spiced gingerbread goodness!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30-40 minutes Yield: 12 servings
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1.4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 370°F.
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Place yolks in a bowl for later.
- Mix together egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat with electric beater until stiff peaks form. Set to one side.
- In a blender, blend together the molasses, dates, egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and melted coconut oil.
- In another bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour, spices, and baking soda
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour the egg yolk mixture into the flour mix. Stir until thoroughly combined and there are no lumps.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into a greased or parchment lined loaf tin, around 5×9 inches.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and let cool before slicing.
Tips and Tricks:
- Be careful not to over mix the egg whites or it will result in a dry loaf
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130