Coconut Date Squares
Indulge in guilt-free sweetness with our Coconut Almond Date Squares—an exquisite treat that redefines the art of dessert without compromising on flavor. These delightful squares are not only a culinary delight but also a health-conscious choice, crafted with the intention of lowering added sugars without sacrificing the joy of a decadent treat. Each layer tells a story of wholesome ingredients, with the natural sweetness of dates taking center stage, complemented by the nutty crunch of almonds—a nutritional powerhouse celebrated for its heart-healthy fats, fiber, and an abundance of essential nutrients. The almond’s contribution not only adds a delightful texture to the squares but also enhances their nutritional profile. Paired with the tropical allure of coconut, brace yourself for a symphony of flavors that dance on your palate while embracing a conscious approach to dessert. Join us on a journey where indulgence meets balance, and every bite is a celebration of mindful sweetness!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 5-7 minutes Yield: 42 servings
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 cups pitted dates
- 3 tbsp. water
- 10 plain digestive biscuits
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sieved
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Roughly chop almonds in a food processor and pour aside into a small bowl for later use.
- Line a baking dish with non stick paper 6×4 inch
- Crush biscuits into small pieces using your hands or place biscuits into a small bowl and use the back of your rolling pin to crush them.
- Melt coconut oil on a medium heat in a deep based saucepan. Add the dates and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Half way through add in the water. The dates should become a soft/sticky mixing consistency.
- Take off heat and add in cocoa, vanilla extract and salt, mix well. If the mixture is too dry, add an additional 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add in almonds and crushed biscuits, stir well until all the mixture is incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared dish and push down with your hands to flatten the date mix.
- Dust with coconut and push down further.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Cut into small square pieces and serve.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use gluten free biscuits instead of digestive biscuits to make the dish gluten free
- Pecan nuts, walnuts, or macadamia nuts can be used instead of almonds
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130