Cinnamon Twist Apple Pancakes
Indulge in our Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes, a wholesome and flavorful breakfast option! These pancakes are a delightful blend of nutrition and taste. Packed with protein and fiber, they make for an excellent source of energy to kickstart your day and will keep you full. We’ve also incorporated apples, contributing vitamins, minerals, and a burst of natural sweetness. To add that touch of warmth and spice, we’ve included cinnamon, renowned for its antioxidant properties and for an extra zing, dried cranberries gives these pancakes a burst of flavor. Our Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes are both delicious and nutritious, making them the perfect guilt-free indulgence for a balanced breakfast.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Yield: 8 pancakes Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- 1 Cup (7 oz) Cottage cheese
- 3/4 Cup (2 oz) Rolled Gluten-Free Oatmeal, uncooked
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Small scoop (1/2 oz) Whey Protein powder, gluten-free
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Medium Apples, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp (1 oz) Dried Cranberries
- Combine the cottage cheese, oats, eggs, cinnamon, whey and baking powder into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a medium size bowl, add in the apple, cranberries and pour in the blended mix, stir well.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat on the stove top.
- Spray on non-stick pan spray.
- Spoon ¼ cup of mixture into the pan, placing 4 pancakes on the pan. Heat for a few minutes then turn down to low and place the lid on the pan, leave for a further 2-3 minutes. Turn with a spatula and cook the other side, repeating the process. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit.
Tips and Tricks:
- Make a Batch and Freeze: Cook a large batch of pancakes and freeze them for later use. Place parchment paper between each pancake to prevent sticking.
- Prepare Toppings in Advance: Wash and chop fruits, portion nuts, or prepare any toppings you like in advance. This saves time when you’re ready to enjoy your pancakes.
- Experiment with Toppings: Top your protein pancakes with fresh fruits, nuts, seeds, or a dollop of Greek yogurt. This adds texture, flavor, and additional nutrients.
- Consider Savory Options: Don’t limit yourself to sweet toppings. Consider savory options like avocado, smoked salmon, or a poached egg for a unique twist.
If using this recipe in your personalized ATNG meal plan, 1 protein and 1 starch/fruit serving.
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130