One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner
Embrace the flavors of autumn with our One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner. Not only is this meal a culinary delight, but it’s also a nutritional powerhouse, providing lean protein from the chicken, a bounty of vitamins and fiber from the vegetables, and a touch of sweetness from the apples. One-pan meals are a true kitchen savior, offering unmatched convenience for busy individuals and families. These dishes simplify cooking, as they allow you to prepare an entire meal in a single pan, reducing both the time spent on cooking and the number of dishes to wash afterward.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh and 1.5 cups roasted vegetable mix
- 4 Skinless, bone in chicken thighs (1.5 lbs)
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary or 1 tsp each of the dried herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lbs Brussel sprouts
- 1.5 lbs Sweet potato, chopped into ¾ -inch cubes
- 2 Fuji Red Apples, cored and sliced into half moons about ¾ inch thick
- 2 Shallots, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch thick
- ½ – 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine and half the herbs into a gallon size resealable bag.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then place into a bag, seal and shake well and leave to rest while chopping the vegetables.
- Place Brussel sprouts, sweet potato, apples and shallots onto a 18 by 13 inch rimmed tray.
- Drizzle over the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper then toss to coat evenly. Spread over the tray.
- Place chicken over the vegetable and apple layer.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Take out of the oven and toss in ½ tsp smoked paprika and parsley.
- Taste and if it needs, add a little extra smoked Paprika.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can add in ½ Tbsp of basil pesto or sun dried tomato pesto to the chicken when dishing it up.
- Pecan nuts or walnuts are a great additional to this meal, toss in just before serving.
- If you cannot find fresh herbs, use dried herbs but these are stronger in flavor than fresh herbs. Use 1 tsp of dried herbs to every 1 Tbsp of fresh herbs.
- A dash of lemon juice and 2 cloves of crushed garlic would add extra flavor to the dish.
- Purchase and use pre-cut sweet potatoes to cut down on prep time.
If using this recipe in your personalized ATNG meal plan, 3 protein, 2 starch, 2 fat, and 2 vegetable servings.
Call Us Today: 919-990-1130